Monday, January 3, 2011

Spark

Spark
by Raederle Phoenix
2005; Junior Year


Emptiness where there once was perfection.
I had been the selection, turned the wrong direction
and at this election I was cast away.
Needless to say in this;
dark, stale, bleak, musty room.
Stark, pale, weak, dusty gloom.
I remember the red moon,
the dark beach,
holding you like a leach.

Walking through this void of emotion,
and this lack of devotion.
Throwing myself away,
I woke up to another dreary day.
It was all as if to say,
“hey, you try, you cry,
and you try again,
but no matter what,
you’re just falling in a rut.”
With that thought,
you’re wanna give up,
give in, dig in and dig out
and wail about,
and down comes my sail,
frail,
the boat sinks...

I’m at the edge of a cliff inside my mind,
I’m just walking around blind.
Then, inside the nullified insides there is a red spark as his lips touch mine,
and the blade is removed, and the emotions are reproved.
I no longer care,
because I’ve got something more than fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment